Thursday, April 22, 2010

Meghame Meghame- Unplugged


Thank you, Roshni Chandran, for reminding me of this beautiful song! :)
One of Vani Jayaram’s best , this song is an adaptation of a Jagjit Singh ghazhal. However, Vaniji has given it a totally diffreent flavour with her trademark sangathis and bhaavam.
I had recorded the same song some 1.5 years back but a very dear friend of mine was totally unhappy (and rightly so) with the way I had sung it due to various reasons- overstressing words, mispronunciation, lack of feel in the song etc. So I attempted it again tonight to see if I had really improved in those departments since then :D. It is such a pleasure to be singing an unplugged solo number after a very long time!
Movie: Paalaivana Cholai
Music: Shankar-Ganesh
Originally sung by: Vani Jayaram

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spellbound :-)

Why am I reminded of Yaaradhu Sollamal Nenjalli Ponadhu?