Thursday, April 22, 2010

Abhi Naa Jaao


First of all, I would like to thank Saqib Javed for inviting me to sing this song with him and believing that I could do it!
I love this immortal melody by Mohd. Rafi Saab and Ashaji, particularly the amazing expressions by both singers. I believe that Saqib has done a wonderful job here! :)
My Hindi/Urdu diction has been severely criticized before. Hence, I have done some homework to improve it as much as possible with some help from Saqib. Do let me know if it has been effective.
On a lighter note, I was so excited to know that Saqib is from Karachi,Pakistan(being the birthplace of my late father, I have a special liking for the city). So I tell Saqib that he can count on me to support his music (except on India-Pak cricket match days ofcourse!!!) :D
Movie: Hum Dono (1961)
Music Director: Jaidev
Originally sung by : Mohammad Rafi and Asha Bhonsle
Mixing: Saqib Javed

No comments: