Thursday, April 22, 2010

Senthoorapoove


A while back, Ajay had requested me to sing this song using the karaoke track on www.ajaykumars.com.I started working on it a while back when a thought dawned upon me. Perhaps it was time I upgraded my mixing skills! :) About time I realised that, you say?!
Well, I had to start off on the right foot. Finding a patient teacher whom I could take the liberty of troubling was Task Number 1.
Victim: Balamurali Bala !
This man’s patience is just exemplary. He patiently listened to the dozen (appalling!!) versions I sent to him and commented on each one, gradually suggesting changes. Thus began my theory and practical lessons on Basic mixing! Thanks a lot for all that you have helped me with, Bala! The trouble doesn’t end here, if you were heaving a sigh of relief!
I also had to trouble Kitcha occasionally with some versions to get some more tips from him. Thanks a lot to you too, Kitcha!
And here we are with my very first experimentally mixed version! BTW, this version is nowhere near perfect, I know, but atleast it is the start of creating something pleasing to the ears, let’s say! :) So I am counting on you all for more tips and magic tricks.
The song needs no introduction! One of IR’s masterpieces in the golden voice of S.Janaki. I do remember reading somewhere how Bharathiraaja got this idea of using the unique name of a flower in the song- there is no flower as Senthoorapoo in reality!
Movie: Pathinaaru Vayathinile
Music Director: Ilayaraaja
Originally sung by: S.Janaki
Mixing: Adithi (Ahem!!!!)

No comments: