Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Inji Iduppazhagaaaa

"Thevar Magan" would easily figure in my list of most favourite Kamal movies. Being a diehard fan of Kamal from an early age of, hmm..let's see... three, it isn't surprising that he stole my heart yet again ,as Sakthivel Thevar this time! The fact that Shivaji acted in it made it super special.

Gauthami's and Revathy's dialogues were of particular interest to me

"அதுவும் நாந்தேன்...தலைக்கு வேப்பெண்ணை தடவிருக்கென்ல...."

Not long before I had watched the movie 5 or 6 times, my 'pazhagum Tamizh' totally changed! The remaining 20-odd times I watched the movie was for the sheer kick and pride of imitating them (and for Kamal, of course!).

Vivek Mahadevan and I have sung this evergreen song from "Thevar Magan". IR has beautifully used Sindhu Bhairavi(see PS) for this rustic tune and the soul of the song is the dialogue before it. Thankfully, we did not have to spoil your joy by presenting our version of the dialogue and have retained the original part. It was so difficult trying to bring SJ's expressions but I have tried my best. My dream to sing a duet with Kamal may never come true but this is as close as it gets!

Would love to hear your comments!

Inji Iduppazhagaa Upload Music PS: See this interesting comment from Vivek about the raga of the song:

pallavi - sindhu bhairavi sayal

charanam - at punna vanathinile - keeravani

- at on kazhuthil malai - there s a change to antara Ga from sadarana Ga from previous line

Hmmm...

2 comments:

intelligentwins said...

wow! this is my sec fav after kodiyile song by you both...Both have done an incredible job..the song is very fresh in ur voices!! we need to hear songs from you both:)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully sung. One of my favourite songs - you've done it justice! Asha