Sunday, September 14, 2008

Raathiriyil Poothirukkum

My final round in Sapthaswarangal required me to render a medley of three songs and the challenge was in linking them all together seamlessly. My natural choice was a medley of MSV compositions in Sivaranjani. But one of the three was a song sung by Vani Jayaram. So? So, I just could not find the courage to do it, as VJ was going to be the judge for the finals!

So my second choice was a Hamsaanandhi medley :

Minsaara kanna

Raathiriyil Poothirukkum

Raaga deepam yaettrum neram

Though I still feel bad for not having gone with my first choice (want to do it someday in the blog), I did enjoy singing the second one, mainly because of the rich raga that Hamsaanandhi is. And also it must have given me the winning edge as the result was favourable to me :)

Kumaran is a wonderful friend of mine but as a co-singer, he is such a difficult person to work with! He just does his part so beautifully and flawlessly that he makes me want to redo mine atleast a couple of times. Loved singing this duet with him. Thanks Kumaran, for the wonderful mixing and for kindling the competitive spirit in me!

Movie: Thanga Magan

Singers: SPB, S.Janaki

Music: Ilayaraaja

Raathiriyil Poothirukkum- With Kumaran Upload Music

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good singing Adithi...its our all time fav song....me and Praks enjoyed it a lot...you and Murugan did a wonderful job...kudos to you guys..

Srividya Kasturi said...

Beautifully sung Adithi & Kumaran..Thanx for the treat:)

intelligentwins said...

wonderful! adithi u never told me u partcipated for the sapthaswarangal..n won it! neenga paatu poi ireland le irundaa epdi? u have a bright future in playback singing :)

N V Krishnan said...

Hi Adithi and Kumaran..

Excellent rendition…

I liked it very much. Both you and Kumaran were just superb.

All the best…

N V K

Rajesh Raman said...

Really enjoyed It ! Expecting more songs...

Awatts said...

well done Kumaran & Aditi...nallaa irukku!