Friday, August 22, 2008

Kannaalane

By the time the movie “Bombay” had left the theatres that year, my sister and I had seen it about a dozen times. We could accurately recite the dialogue AND BGM of every scene in the movie and remembered every single costume ArvindSamy and Manisha wore and provided great entertainment (?) to our neighbours until the wee hours, with our recital of every song in the movie. "Bombay" did a lot of damage to our studies too, you can imagine! My parents were beginning to get very worried about the mental state of their adolescent daughters!

The movie only strengthened the immense how-to-name-it feeling we had developed for ARR! I still remember how we used to look forward to the scene where Manisha goes to Arvind's house – "Pa SA Ni SA Ni SA Ri SA" in Hariharan's scintillating voice in the background- just one of those umpteen ecstatic moments…

"Kannaalane" is my favourite pick from Chithra's solos (for any MD). Every single nuance in the song (she doesn't sing the same line the same way twice) was just perfect.

Of course, I know you will fondly pardon me for singing this song! I am only like a child trying to catch the moon!

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA

9 comments:

Rahul said...

Adithi,

I am so happy to be the first one to comment on this song...This song is mesmerizing and sounds so fantastic in both languages...
Girl, looks like the child has caught the moon with both hands.....Simply fantastic.....loved ur voice as usual....the last word drag in the mukhda was simply awesome.....such a tough song and u came out with flying colors....

I just felt one thing...that ur voice was a bit louder (just a tad) than the track....just increase the track volume a tad and it would sound magical....

take care and keep singing...me visiting...

AJ

Vikimac said...

Very good feel at many places Adithi... enjoyed your singing a lot :)

Just a thought : Don try to catch the moon.. instead aim for the stars... you ll definitely find your own niche on the way !!

my hearty wishes always...

ZEG Consultants said...

Beautiful singing! Less echo gives more of a feel of live singing which sounds really good! Nice, fine modulations and good control!

Srividya Kasturi said...

Beautifully sung, Adithi...Would sound even better if the volume were adjusted a little..

Unknown said...

hi adithi .. fantastic rendition with all the modulations!
if you add some vocal effects (echo/reverb/volume control) it will merge better with the karaoke and sound totally professional

Anyway, singing-wise this is really good .. beautiful voice and nice control :)

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

Awesome rendition. Mixing could have definitely better though. What I notice in many of ur renditions is that ur brighas are very true to the original or even better, but feel is slightly missing. To be precise, the vocal equivalent of "naLinam" or grace that we look for in dance... While ur notes fall bang in place with utmost ease (which is highly admirable), the overall modulations and expressions could be a wee bit better.

Adithi said...

AJ, Vivek, Azam, Srividya, Somas, Sindhu

Thanks for your comments!

I am quite aware(and struggling with the fact) that I need to improve my mixing skills. But I am glad I found some fantastic people whom I could go to, looking for help! Hope to show some improvement in the next song!

Sindhu
Your comments about the feel- spot on! Thanks, yaar! Believe me, I am currently working on it!

intelligentwins said...

Simply awesome!!!!!! I wanted to meet Chitra jus for this song and kiss her. When i met i was dumbstruck. I feel the same for you now! you are a Honey factory :D

we need more ...!!!!!!!!!!

Vidyu said...

AWESOME!!! :)