Friday, August 29, 2008

Kalyana Thenila

I did not think singing "Kalyana Thenila" with a track would pose to be a challenge. The tune seemed simple enough and I had sung it so many times before, so I was good to go when Kumar Srinivasan and I decided to work on it.

I would have sung it some 15 times and I was not happy with the result. Each time, I would either forget some sangathi or I would fail to reach the top note or forget the lyrics. The shruthi was a tad too high for me and the track was faster than the original, to add to my misery. Eventually, I sat down to listen to the song a dozen times or so. After listening to the subtle brigaas that Chithra had sung so effortlessly, I just wanted to give up the whole thing.

I thank Kumar for bearing with the suffering of having to use my vocals for his duet!

Movie: Mounam Sammatham Music: Ilayaraaja

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If not for a few differences in modulation, I'd have no way of telling this from the original. That this is not the original track, is more evident in the second charanam than the first.

Anonymous said...

Adithi, nannayittundu. Othiri ishttapettu.

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

Excellent both of u!! Really wonderful.
Slight strain in the high notes in Aditi's voice is seen tho' minute. And voice seems to jarr a little- guess that's a mixing issue.

Rahul said...

Hi again,

same language issue but u guys sounded brilliant.....Kumar's voice is mesmerizing...and adithi, as always, u r brilliant in the song...i agree to sindhuja about a slight stress on ur voice and mixing caused voice to jarr at places...but thats not a big deal, overall i liked it very much.....

Gluck and keep singing....
AJ