Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nenjamellaam Kaadhal


This is perhaps one of ARR’s duets I would have listened to the most. I damaged 2 CDs of “Ayutha Ezhutthu” with the repeated plays on my car’s player :P
I generally am very wary about choosing Sujatha’s songs since they require a lot of energy ( and a lot more smiling too :D) and highpitch singing. But I had to do this one for the love of the song- the harmonies are to die for! I particularly enjoyed the lyrics and of course the picturisation :)
I am so happy (and lucky) to be singing with George after nearly 2 years. He is perhaps of the highest calibre of singers here, and anywhere, and never ceases to amaze us with each song he sings. I could think of nobody else but George to do this song with. My sincere thanks to him for his patience and hardwork, especially with the Tamil lyrics. The funniest part is that he was very sceptical about getting this right- he thought he would kill the song :D. On the contrary, I believe he has outdone Adnan in many places! I rate this as one of his best Indian numbers. Of course, it is for you all to decide now.

Movie: Aayutha Ezhutthu
Music: ARRahman
Originally sung by: Adnan Sami, Sujatha
Mixing: George Kuruvilla
Track courtesy: Rajkumar Anjan/ Sanjay Satheesh


No comments: