Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh Priya Priya (Telugu)


Kumaran and I are very happy to bring this lovely duet for you! Thank you Kumaran, for giving me the fantastic opportunity to render this song with you.
One of IR’s evergreen hits, this movie totally rocked when it was released. I still remember how much we used to talk about each and every scene and song sequence then at school!  It had too many greats in it (IR, Manirathnam, Nagarjuna, PCSreeram) to be forgotten.
I have liked the Telugu version better (sung by SPB. Tamil version by Mano, but that is not the reason for my choice) and did put in a lot of effort in making the diction as perfect as possible to my ability. My sincere thanks to Bhumika, my dear friend, for helping me with the same.
Movie: Geethanjali
Music: Ilayaraaja
Originally sung by: SPB, K.S.Chithra
Mixing: M.Kumaran
Disclaimer: Kumaran is in the process of upgrading his gear and recording set up and has been hassled too much by a failing PC. Hence please bear with issues that may be evident with the recording quality or mixing. He has promised me that our next song will be a stunner mixingwise! ;)

No comments: