Thursday, April 22, 2010

Malligaiye Malligaiye


It was Raj who, a couple of months ago, hunted down the track and sent it to both me and Roshinie. It was his kind request that we both must collaborate on this song. :)
I am a huge fan of Deva’s music (oh yes! It really is true!) and can’t stop wondering at some of the brilliant tunes he has composed based on nice raagas. His classic adaptation of Mohanam for his fast and peppy “Vellarikkaa” is still my favourite in that raagam! :)
This lovely song is a female duet (based on raagam Suddha Danyasi) and beautifully shows the playful banter between two young girls talking about their beloved. I was asked by a few people in Muziboo to do this song a while back, so here you go! It is here atlast! :)
The biggest job in this song was for Kitcha who had spent hours trying to correct a severe timing issue in the tracks. I will be surprised if he agreed to do any more mixing for me in the future! :P Not to mention the rigorous deadline he was working towards getting this song released (he tells me that he hasn’t been pressurised even by Project timelines at work so much!). I can’t thank you enough, Kitcha, for your kindness and patience! :)
Movie: Ninaithen Vanthaai
Music: Deva
Originally sung by: K.S.Chithra, Anuradha Sriram

No comments: