Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ariyoru Paalkadal- My first Original! :)


It is a beautiful start of the New Year for me as I bring to you my very first official original composition rendition in Muziboo.
First and foremost, my sincere thanks and salutations to Rajeev ONV for believing in me and entrusting this song to me to work on.I consider myself very fortunate to work with a fabulous composer as him and have learnt so many things in the process of completing the song. I wish I had had the mighty good fortune of a face-to-face interaction with him for it would have definitely been a huge learning and articulate session to bring out the nuances in a more effective way.

Here is a short introduction to this song in the words of the composer :
“This is a song composed for a choreographic presentation depicting the three expressions of the Universal Mother- as Lakshmy, the goddess of fortune and beauty, Parvathy the goddess of power and energy, and Saraswathy the goddess of learning and wisdom. The final stanza invokes all the three deities as Satyam, Shivam and Sundaram.
I have composed this in four different ragas-the first stanza on Lakshmy in Harikamboji, second stanza on Parvathy in Gowri Manohari, third stanza on Saraswathy in Kalyani, and the final stanza in Sree raagam.
I had invited Adithi to sing this ragamalika, and she happily obliged me with her beautiful rendering. She had taken a few creative liberties with the song, which I feel has enhanced its musical quality. We had tried our best to neutralise diction problems and the whole process had taken some time. I have to appreciate her concern for musical and technical perfection and her willingness to modify and create better versions. It gives me great happiness to present this song here on this auspicious day of Vishu."
Lyrics : ONV Kurup
I would like to thank my friends, Saravanan and Vishnu Mohan for mixing this song amidst their very busy schedule. The post here is Vishnu’s version.
I would like to thank one more friend of mine who has been instrumental in boosting my confidence since my early days in Muziboo. It was Murali Venkatraman who approached me first to sing some compositions of his own. Over the past few months, my learning has been at an amazing pace, thanks to Murali who taught me the methodology to handle such assignments. So a toast to you, Murali, and thanks for all the time you have spent to get me this far :).
The journey is long and this is only the beginning . But the most important thing to me is that I have made it to here :)

No comments: