Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thaalaattu

This song has been in my wishlist for almost a year. Very recently, Uthra Parakalan reminded me of the lullaby collection of late Dr.MLV and requested songs from the same. This is the first song that appears in the album. Thanks Uthra! :)

Set in Raagam NeelAmbari (the traditional raaga for lullabies), the folk song praises the child as God’s gift and describes the child’s beauty.

While my little son is currently having a great time in India with his grandparents, I am greatly reminded of him and thought of this moment as the most apt one to sing the song :)

Another special occasion is Sukumar’s birthday (Jan 21st). Being a great lover of Tamizh language and culture, I am sure this song will touch his heart because of the rustic lyrics and simple tune. I would like to dedicate this song to him today and wish him many more years of happiness to come! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGI! :) I am sure this will be very different from the kuthu numbers you may be getting as a present for your special day! :)


A Folk Lullaby(Tamil)- Unplugged

Upload Music

No comments: