Friday, August 15, 2008

Chaliye

I close my eyes and imagine Shri Krishna, sitting in the cool shade of a tree in Brindavan on an afternoon in Spring. Birds chirping away, tree branches heavy with flowers and dangling in the gentle breeze, the murmuring brook rushing to meet the Yamuna…and Krishna's flute trying to hush everything by its enchanting melody. What would He be playing? Definitely Brindavana Saranga! It is a raga one would associate with the captivating charm of the Lord that engulfs the Gopikas' mind, body and soul.

Swathi Thirunal, the famous Maharajah and composer from Travancore, has composed several wonderful krithis about Lord Padmanabha. Listen to this Hindi krithi, one of his many beautiful ones adapted for the Malayalam movie "Swathi Thirunal". Sung by none other than the versatile Chithraji to the music of M.B.Srinivasan, the song brings out the essence of Divine love and succinctness of Raga Brindavana Saranga. I present to you my humble attempt of the song.

My eyes are brimming when I dedicate this song to my late grandad, RSN, who lived everyday of his life for Art and with the pride of hailing from the great land of Travancore!

Thaatha, I know you are listening to this from Heaven!

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely have a way of writing. I am impressed :-)

Vikimac said...

V-E-R-Y beautiful singing Adithi..
Will wait for more such classical grandeur from you in the coming days...

Anonymous said...

Super tto, to my untrained ear it is every bit as good as the original. One of my favourite krithis.Look forward to many more that bring out the depth and beauty in your voice. Best Wishes, Asha

Adithi said...

Sathesh, Vivek, Asha

Thanks for your kind comments, guys!