Sunday, May 30, 2010

Raajaavin Paarvai RaaNiyin pakkam


I sang my part in this song in Nov’09 and it was supposed to be with Sukumar (with whom I have sung another song from the same movie ) 

Then we both lost interest in this song and drifted to other numbers. So this file was idling away in my PC for a few month….until I found “Gopi”:http://www.muziboo.com/gshanmugam/ here in Muziboo. Thanks a lot to Sukumar for having sacrificed (Vittu kuduthufied- LOL) this opportunity to Gopi (who is also from near his native place, I believe! Ippo theriyuthu- ithu Oor pattRu)
Gopi shares an intense passion for songs from yesteryears and I was pleasantly shocked to see songs in his wishlist that tallied with mine. While we are still looking for all those tracks, we thought we will do this one first and get to the rest when my exams are over. In the process, it seems like I have tormented him too much with all my pointers on his singing and mixing. So if he is not fed up with me already, you may hear more old duets from us in time to come.
Movie: Anbe Vaa (1966)
Music: Mellisai Mannar M.S.Viswanathan
Originally sung by: TM.Soundararajan, P.Susheela
Mixing: Gopi Shanmugam
P.S: The track has a slight problem in the pallavi where the tune was trying to gallop with the horses in the movie sequence :D. Please do bear with this hitch

No comments: