Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Naan Kattil Maele KaNDen

Place: Taramani Film City


Year: 1999 December

Event: Shooting for Raj TV’s Pongal episode of Tamil film music quiz

I was one of the participants and was doing reasonably well when breaktime was announced. Shrikala Bharath, the producer of the show, casually requested a song from the compere and asked me to sing with him. No rehearsals, we didn’t even check if we knew lyrics etc and we started singing “Sippi Irukkuthu”. There was pindrop silence in the auditorium till we finished when they burst out into a thundering applause! Such spellbinding performance by this brilliant singer/ MC! Later, I got introduced to him and his beautiful wife. The time that we spoke was short yet enough to know that this man had some high taste in music!


It was after nearly 10 years that I recollected all of the above when I met Sriram Srinivasan in Muziboo :) It is a small world indeed!


Sriram suggested this beautiful song from the 80s and I happily agreed. The opening tune reminds me of a Hindi song(which one-still slips my mind!). Although it is not our first duet together, it is the first in my space!


Movie: Neeyaa

Music: Shankar- Ganesh

Originally sung by: SPB, P.Susheela

Mixing: Sriram


Naan Kattil Maele- with Sriram Srinivasan

Upload Music

2 comments:

.:: ROSH ::. said...

lovely song beautifully rendered by both of you, good job!

Adithi said...

Thanks Rosh :)