Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thiruppavai- Day30- VangakkaDal Kadaindha

Raagam: Surutti

For lyrics and meaning of this Paasuram, please click here.

I was very doubtful of my own capabilities and perseverence when I started this Thiruppavai series in my blog. And here we are at the very last Paasuram marking the end of Maarghazhi! It does fill me with a sense of achievement that I have never felt before.

I can still remember the days when my grandparents were in Thanjavoor and I used to visit them for holidays. Paatti used to teach music to a group of girls. Perhaps that is when I heard her sing Thiruppavai for the first time. Oh how I long to go back to those days! If only we could rewind time!!!!

All these days, many of you have been visiting my pages almost everyday inspite of your very busy schedule and leaving kind comments! I thank you one and all for the continued support and encouragement. You fuelled me up to do better and complete the series! :). A very special thanks to Balamurali Bala without whom I couldn't have used my new recording setup.

I hope I made myself useful in some small way this Maarghazhi! :)



கோதை பிறந்த ஊர் கோவிந்தன் வாழுமூர் 
சோதி மணிமாடம் தோன்றுமூர் 
நீதியால் நல்லபந்தர் வாழுமூர் நான்மறைகள் ஓதுமூர் 
வில்லிப்புத்தூர் வேதக்கோனூர் 

பாதகங்கள் தீர்க்கும் பரமனடி காட்டும் 
வேதமனைத்துக்கும் வித்தாகும் கோதைதமிழ்
ஐயைந்தும் ஐந்தும் அறியாத மானிடரை 
வையம் சுமப்பது வம்பு

திருவாடிப்பூரத்து செகத்துதித்தாள் வாழியே !
திருப்பாவை முப்பதும் செப்பினாள் வாழியே !
பெரியாழ்வார் பெற்றெடுத்த பெண்பிள்ளை !
பெரும்புதூர் மாமுனிக்குப்பின்னானாள் வாழியே !
ஒருநூற்று நாற்பத்து மூன்றுறைத்தாள் வாழியே !
உயரரங்கற்கே கண்ணியுகந்தளித்தாள் வாழியே !
மருவாரும் திருமல்லி வளநாடி வாழியே !
வண்புதுவை நகர்க்கோதை  மலர்ப்பாதங்கள் வாழியே !!!




Thiruppavai 30 | Upload Music

3 comments:

Venkat said...

A great achievement Adithi. I am really proud of you.

A nice feel and expression in all your reditions.

Kudos for your ahievement.

cheers,
Venkat

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

Dear Adithi,

First, my apologies for not having heard these when I should have...
Where do I begin... my regard for you as a singer has gone up by leaps and bounds with these thiruppavais! I am so touched and humbled. I always wanted to do this myself - a thiruppavai a day during Margazhi- and I was only so pleased to see someone do it! Your classical training shines so well... the Behag really touched me. Please do sing more Carnatic! There is a dearth of Carnatic music in blogs :) It was a pleasure listening to you- sweet, impeccable thamizh, shruthi shuddham and beautiful, free flowing brighas and sangathis- what else does one need?
I did notice some strain in your voice, but I should really not point that out keeping in mind your diligence and sincerity to sing every single day!

You have a new-found fan in me today :)

Keep singing!

-Sindhu

Asha said...

Beautiful Adithi, really enjoyed every one of the Thiruppavai- something completely new to me.

Oru suggestion - is there any way you can have all of them playing one after the other, like it would if on cd, on your bolg?
Would be great if it were possible to just switch it on and let them flow one after the other.

Look forward to the other gems you will post this year.
Asha